Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2007

First Game

On Friday night, we took Grant to his first real baseball game. He's been to a few t-ball and softball games before, but we took him to the Nashville Sounds game Friday. We weren't sure how long we would actually get to stay because of the threat of rain and also Grant's patience. He ended up doing great. I was really surprised. We sat in Gen. Admin. so he'd have room to roam, and I think that definitely made a difference. We left after the 7th inning stretch, but it was mainly because mommy and daddy were ready to leave, not Grant. At 9:00 on a Friday night, I'm ready for bed. I never thought I'd say those words, but it's true most every night of the week! Jackson and his girlfriend went with us, and they were a great help with Grant as always! Here are some pictures of his first trip to the ballpark.








On Saturday night, we went over to a friend from high school's house. They have a 3 year old, and another on the way. Some of our other friends from high school were also there and they have a 1 1/2 year old and one on the way. So all of us pregnant girls had fun watching our kiddos play and discussing pregnancy the 2nd time around. Our kids haven't seen each other in awhile so they were a little timid at first, but by the end of the night, they were having a ball. I always wonder why we don't get together more often when we leave. It's such a good time. With all of the toys in the house, you can see what the 3 of them were most interested in playing in... a TV box! Makes me wonder why we waste our money on all of these expensive toys.


Another first Grant had in the last few days... His first time to shuck corn, not that this is a monumental experience, but we do live in the South, and there's nothing like fresh corn! He tried to eat it as soon as he peeled the first husk off. When daddy came home, he was telling him that he helped make the corn for dinner, and he was really proud of himself. He totally cracked us up while he was eating it. He said ummm yummy after just about every bite. It was kind of like that scene in the movie What About Bob when Bob makes a comment after every single bite he ate. I'm not sure if he Grant really thought the corn was that good, or if he was just so proud of himself for helping that it made it that much better to him. Here he is holding his corn high for me to see.

In baby news, we have 12 more days until our next ultrasound. I'm both excited and a little nervous about it. Everyone seems to think this baby is a girl, but I've prepared myself for a boy. Hopefully, it will cooperate so we can get a clear look and tell for sure. More importantly, I hope that it looks healthy. I am starting to feel what I can definitely tell are kicks. I had a couple of flutter feelings last week, but couldn't really differentiate them from all the other crazy feelings I seem to have in my stomach. The past few days I've felt some things that could only be baby though. That's my favorite part of being pregnant, so I'm glad I'm finally to that point. I think it's my husband's favorite part too. Last time, I had a hard time getting him to leave my stomach along so that I could go to sleep. Grant was a real acrobat, especially at night! Anyway, I'm feeling great, and just anxiously anticipating August 14th!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Who are the parents of the kids in the box pictures that went to FCS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little boy is Rod's and the little girl is Chad's. Cute huh.. they're all such a mess!

    ReplyDelete