Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

Sleepless Nights

I know those of you that already have more than one child are laughing at my title thinking I have no idea yet! I know, I know, ask me how I'm sleeping in about 6 months, and I'm sure it will be worse, but....Grant is battling something that's causing him to run a fever the last few days and as an added bonus, he's moaning with every breath while he sleeps. This may have been really cute when he was a few weeks/months old, but at 2+ years old, I'd do anything for him to sleep quietly. I'm not complaining because the poor thing is sick and he's so full of energy normally and he just hasn't been himself the last few days. Hopefully, he'll be back to his spirited self soon.

Of course, if he didn't sleep RIGHT NEXT to me the moaning might not be such a problem. There is a goal of him sleeping in his own bed as soon as we get around to rearranging the furniture in our house. Until then, I figure no need to get him to sleep in his bed in one room and then go through it all again with a new room and bed. Plus, I get to go to sleep without a battle at least a little while longer. Before we knew Grant was not feeling great, we stayed at Pook's parents until almost midnight watching a boxing match (they watched while I tried to sleep with Grant in another room). I actually dozed off several times, but that child of mine never once fell asleep, not even in the car on the way home. I just don't understand anyone that hates to sleep as much as he does. I hope this next one is the total opposite in that regard!

We had Life Groups by the pool at Pook's mom and dad's Sunday night and we really enjoyed it. The weather over the weekend couldn't have been any better. The break from the the humidity that we enjoy so much of in the summer here was a welcome one. I wish the whole summer could be that way. So, it was a busy weekend, as it always seems to be. Hopefully, this week we'll have a chance to slow down and catch up on some sleep. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around. Oh well, I'll take it whenever I can get it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl Congrats on a new one coming. It gets BETTER....Our second one is a great sleeper. God knew we needed a break. Nolen still sleeps with me sometimes. I feel your pain though, Nolen did the same thing but once he got in a bigger bed he slept better and stayed in his bed all night. He was excited to have a new room. So there is hope...
    Good Luck
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete