Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 3rd anniversary! Unlike today, our wedding day was the perfect August day if there ever was one. I think the high temp that day was around 77 degrees, which is unheard of in Tennessee in August. I think the forecasted high today is around 100! The sky that day was a beautiful blue with clouds that looked they were painted in just for our pictures (but not the one above). Despite a few little things along the way, the day went off without a snag. It was a wonderful day. I'm a wedding kind of girl, and I've been trying to talk Pookie into doing it again ever since then. However, I seriously doubt that he'll ever be a taker. If you had told me three years ago that I would have a 2+ year old and another child on the way, I probably would have laughed. I guess instead, God is the one laughing at how well we think we can plan these things! It's been a great 3 years though, and I can't imagine doing things differently now. So Happy Anniversary!

On another note, apparently in the past few days, we have graduated to "mom and dad" status. Grant isn't calling us mommy and daddy anymore. It happened to me first. On Saturday, I noticed the occasional "momma" which I thought was odd. Then on Sunday, the word "mom" ended every sentence that Grant spoke to me. Pookie asked me if it bothered me, and I said he just sounded so grown up (at this point, he was still calling him daddy.) Monday night, "dad" became the word of choice, not daddy. Is this really supposed to happen this early??!! I'm not sure what's more endearing about mommy and daddy, but it just sounds a little more babyish I guess. Mom and Dad seems really grown up to me, and I'm not sure that I'm ready for Grant to be that grown up. I guess there's no stopping him now! Look at this picture. This was taken this morning right before I dropped him off. He'd been up all of 2 minutes, and this is how he smiled at me. You can see the mischief even right after he wakes up. He's such a mess!!

We had a wonderful weekend hanging out my Nana and Papa's pool. This little one finally took to the water! He liked it last year, but was too little to really let go with floaties. This year, he has mostly spent his pool time on the steps or running around on the outside. Saturday, he did ok in the pool, but Sunday was the day. It was like it all finally clicked. He figured out how to stay up with the floaties and swam all over the pool. We hated to even take him out of the water. Yesterday, he said he wanted to go swimming and he put his floaties on and told me to blow them up. We're so afraid that he'll forget what it's all about before next weekend that I think we're going to try to take him over there one night this week. It figures that now that we're so close to the end of the summer, he's finally enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. I plan to come back soon and actually read, but had to say hi! And what in the world is that countdown over there?! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete