Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

A Big Weekend

Well, Friday marked the end of an era at our house.....that of the little red truck. We actually purchased another vehicle, and we are ready to retire the truck. We didn't get anything fancy, but a nice used SUV that will have a lot more room for all 4 of us. The other big bonus is that we now have 2 vehiclees that can transport children, rather than just 1. That has been a huge pain sometimes, but we've just dealt with it for the past 2 1/2 years. We still have to get carseats, but that's a small hurdle we hope to have resolved this week. Grant loves the new "big tar." I think he likes sitting higher up because he can see so much more than he's used to. Here's a pic of the truck...it's not pretty, but it still runs 186,000 miles strong. My husband has had this truck since he was 16, so it's going to be like cutting off a limb to get rid of it, but I think he's ready. If anyone is interested in buying it, please let us know!
Saturday night, Grant spent the night with his Mammy. We didn't have any big plans while he was gone, but decided to take advantage of it and go see a movie. We were pushed for time so dinner was nice and romantic at Taco Bell, but who cares... I got to eat without worrying what anyone else at the table was doing. We went to see Dan in Real Life with Steve Carell. My husband is a huge fan of The Office, so I didn't have to talk him into this one. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this was much more of a romantic comedy than I had anticipated. I actually shed a few tears toward the end of the movie. It was a really good movie, and I would definitely recommend it!
Grant was still battling a cold when he spent the night with mammy on Saturday night, so I sent his night time cough medicine to her house so he wouldn't cough all night long. I forgot to send the daytime stuff, so mammy gave him the night time medicine before church on Sunday morning too. He was exhausted and actually slept for the entire church service. It was the most of a sermon I've heard in a very long time! Then, after church he went home and slept two more hours. I'll have to remember this trick or maybe I'll just try it again next Sunday, haha!!
In other Grant news, our son is officially obsessed with The Wizard of Oz. We've watched it 4 times this weekend, and the requests for me to sing "the wizard song" seem to be never ending. The witch always kind of freaked me out (along with the flying monkeys) so I hope I'm not fueling future nightmares by allowing him to watch it. He just really loves all of the singing.
On the potty front, we've had a wonderful weekend! I haven't mentioned this lately because after several brief stints of doing great, we keep regressing. I'm hoping this weekend was a real turning point in our pt, and maybe the end of Pull-Ups is in our near future. We haven't had much trouble getting him to go pee on the toilet, but the pooping has been a different animal all together. The weekend has been great with regards to that, so keep your fingers crossed for me... I promise I'll stop writing about it as soon as it's no longer an issue. I'm sure no one cares about this as much as I do.
All in all, a wonderful weekend for us........too bad my house didn't get cleaned (again), and I still haven't made it into the attic to get baby stuff down. I'm really going to have to get around to that soon while I can still climb the ladder! I've had a few contractions over the weekend that I hope were just Braxton-Hicks, but who knows! They were more painful than normal, so say a little prayer that our girl stays put for awhile. I'm not physically or mentally ready for this baby just yet!

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of miles on that truck!

    Jason loves The Office too and has me hooked as well. Steve Carell is one funny man! Glad that you two were able to enjoy your weekend together.

    Sounds like Grant is doing really well with the potty training. I actually just got mine out of the "nighttime" pull-ups. I even returned an unopened bag to Wal-Mart last night. For once, I only have 1 child in Pampers!

    Will keep you and that sweet baby girl in my prayers! Those contractions are not fun!

    ReplyDelete