Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Home Alone

Well, today is the first day that I've been home alone all day long. I've actually slept most of the morning, so it's not been so bad. Pookie went back to work 1/2 days last Tuesday because he was bored sitting at home, but mom was off all last week. Between her and everyone that has brought us dinner, I have gotten totally spoiled. I've decided that I need a full time cook. Not having the stress of thinking about what we're going to eat each night is really nice! Thank you so much to all of you for everything you've done for us! We really appreciate it!

Claire still has her days and nights somewhat mixed up. Last night wasn't horrible because she actually slept. The only bad part is that I held her all night long. She will sleep when she's put down during the day, but not at night. As soon as I put her down, she starts acting like she's choking. She doesn't really seem to be, so I don't know what her deal is. I elevated the head part of the mattress yesterday and she slept great all evening, but then refused to be laid down when night fell. Who knows!

Grant has also been having issues sleeping... he used to sleep until about 8 or 8:30, but lately, he's waking up around 5:30 or 5:45 and yelling, "mom, what are you doing?" Usually I'm awake and feeding the baby, and he comes and lays beside us and tries to rub all over her. He was really upset when daddy took him to nanny's this morning. He knew that I was staying here, and he wanted to stay too. I felt horrible, but think that at least, for now, it's best that he go over there part of every day to keep his routine up for when I go back to work and also to give me time to bond with the baby and also to get some much needed sleep during her naps. Otherwise, I'll be running on fumes.

Lyla tagged me to tell 8 things about Grant and Claire, but I need to wait until I'm thinking a little clearer to do that. Maybe that'll be the next post.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well for you guys! I'm sure that you are all just having a blast with your little girl. Hopefully Grant's sleeping schedule will fix itself in a week or two.

    ReplyDelete