Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Misc.

I am officially tired. It seems that no matter how much sleep I get, I am still tired. I guess it's a feeling I might as well get used to again. I've really enjoyed the last few months of sleep that I've enjoyed since Grant finally started sleeping in his own bed, but I think it's over now. I am not as uncomfortable as I remember being when I was pregnant with him, but I cannot sleep. If I'm not getting up to go to the bathroom, Andy's coughing or snoring. If I roll over on my right side, the baby kicks the bed. If none of the above are happening, I'm having some crazy, crazy dream that keeps me up for 30 minutes thinking about it when it's over. Anyway!

After several days of very little food, I am feeling much more like myself and have some new pics from the last few days. Since I was pretty much totally down for two days, we had a busy next few days trying to catch back up. It's a hard time of year to be sick! I took Grant to paint a Christmas ornament and he did an amazingly good job. I haven't picked up the finished product yet, but I think he may be much more artistic than either his daddy or I. Don't get me wrong, this is not masterpiece, but he's 2 and the paint stayed mostly on the ornament. I think I had more on me than he did! I think we'll try to do this every year.


Sunday, we had a Christmas gathering with Andy's dad's side of the family and some of their extended family from Chattanooga. There are a ton of kids and there weren't even close to all of them being there. It's a little crazy, but I think they all have a blast. The only unfortunate thing for us is that right now, it's mostly all little girls. There are some boys, but there either quite a bit older than Grant, still babies, or they weren't there. He loves the girls right now, so it didn't matter this year, but pretty soon, he's going to need some boys to play ball with! The kids had sooo much fun riding in the trailer behind the 4 wheeler. I think they made Uncle JE take them for the better part of an hour. They got ride through the field where the llamas, donkey, and horse are, which they loved. I didn't get a great picture of them all, but here's one most of them in the trailer.
Here's a few more of my little guy. He's such a sneaky little thing. I found him hiding back in this shed.. I think contemplating what to drag out next.



Riding the tire horsey..

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you can sleep a little bit better these last few weeks. The pictures of Grant are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics of grant! i feel for you with the misery you feel at the end of a pregnancy. i can remember kicking and hitting jon and standing in our room yelling very ugly words at him because he wouldn't stop snoring...i feel your pain.
    where did you go to paint the ornament? clay treasures? it's such a cute idea--we may have to do that! let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we went to Clay Treasures to paint the ornament. You ought to take Lilly. I'm sure she'd enjoy it too and it's such cheap entertainment!

    ReplyDelete