Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Little Freaked Out

Ok, so I'm a little freaked out that my little counter up there at the top said 98 days left! When it was over 100, I was pretty ok with it, but that number just keeps getting smaller yet I still have way too much to do. I was saying over the weekend how much faster this pregnancy seems to be going by because we're so much busier with Grant and everything else in our lives. Last time, even though we had just gotten married, bought a house, etc. it seemed like our whole focus was getting ready for baby Grant. So, this time, I've painted the bedroom, but nothing else. I might need to get my husband's clothes out of her closet and possibly get some of my baby stuff out of the attic. It would probably be better to do that sooner rather than later while I can still maneuver myself up and down the attic staircase, since hubby has NO IDEA what we'll need. Sometimes I think he just says that kind of stuff to get out of doing it, can anyone relate? Like, oh I didn't put the dishes in the dishwasher because I thought maybe the ones in it were clean. Hello... they have food all over them. A quick glance could've confirmed whether they were clean or dirty! Anyway

The holidays are also coming, and I'm thinking that Christmas shopping needs to begin soon so I'm not an elephant trying to get through a crowded mall! I absolutely love Christmas shopping, so I'm a little bummed about all of that. I think it's so much fun to get out in all of the crowds, as long as you're not one of those crazed lunatics that is dead set on getting some stupid toy for your kid. Really.. they'll have it the week after Christmas, just wait. I fell victim to one of those toys last year.. I was not the crazed lunatic at the store, but I paid way too much for a TMX Elmo on ebay, and Grant almost never plays with it. Never again, at least not until he's begging for something. He was 19 months old last Christmas, and could've cared less what I got for him.
I just want to get done with everything as early as possible this year just in case our little girl decides to arrive early. I've already said that given that I'm still good to go on Christmas, all of the holiday decorations are coming down December 26th this year. They'll be no leaving the tree up until New Year's. I do not want to come home from the hospital to Christmas decorations!

Anyway, not a lot going on in our world this week that's worth rambling about, these are just the thoughts that are filling my head as I sit here doing nothing.. too bad I can't be home doing something to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment