Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Just Stuff

My hair is now falling out. I know it's that post-pregnancy thing, but I was hoping it would skip me this time around. Last time, I seriously thought I was going bald, and so did my husband. He told me after it was all over that it was starting to freak him out, but he didn't want to say anything! I couldn't wear my hair in a ponytail (which is how it ends up virtually every day) because I had no hair on the sides of my head, for real! So, if you see me and my hair is looking a little rough, now you understand.

I took Claire and Grant to the doctor yesterday for their 4 month and 3 year old check-ups. Sweet Claire weighed in at 15 lbs, 9 ounces and she was 24 1/4 inches long. That's the 85th percentile for weight and 50th for height. She was in the 90th or something for both last time, so let's hope the downward trend (at least on the weight end) continues :-)! Grant weighed a whopping 32 lbs and was 37 1/4 inches tall. They said he's just a little below the 50th percentile for both, so nice and average.. suits me just fine! I never knew that a 3 year old check up was so involved. It was a test of sorts, jumping, answering questions, etc. I had no idea! Thankfully, our "nanny" went with us so I had an extra set of hands. I don't know how all of that would have gone if she hadn't been there. He had no clue what I was talking about when I told him to stand on 1 foot. Trying to get him to do it was a test for me too. Claire had to get all of those nasty shots again and just like after her 2 mth appt, she slept all night long last night. What is it about those dr. appts that makes her sleep all night???!! Maybe it's the Tylenol, who knows, but it was great!

Grant's MDO program was last night. Two of the kids in his class weren't there, so it was just 4 sweet little boys in his class. He was so funny up there. As soon as he sat down on the stage, he started looking around the auditorium. He was searching everywhere for us. He finally found me and forgot the song and just started waving and yelling, "Hi, mommy!" Then onto Daddy and Mammy. When everyone clapped at the end of each song, he covered his ears. I don't think he actually sang a word up there, but he did do all of the motions. It's a shame because he loves to sing and has been singing the songs all around our house, but couldn't perform under the pressure! It was an improvement from last year though. He just ran off the stage when he spotted me last year yelling he wanted his mommy. Maybe next year, he'll actually sing a song or two.

Tomorrow is family yard day! Yippee! I'm so ready to have it over and done. I usually have worked on our yard a bunch by now, but every weekend has been yuck and I just don't have time in the evenings anymore. I know after it's done the watering and endless weeding begins, but at least it will look SOOOO much better. I cannot wait! Maybe I'll post pictures, although it really won't look that special, just groomed and not weedy!

2 comments:

  1. I SO hate the post-pregnancy hair loss! It drives me absolutely crazy.

    Can't believe Grant and Claire's weights and heights. I think that we must grow ours small. I was really surprised at all they had Joshua and Abby Kate do at their 3 year check up. The craziest was the seeing/eye chart (to me). At that time, they did not know most of their letters or even some of the pictures. I couldn't even see half of the letters/pictures from where they were standing.

    Those MDO programs are the greatest! I think that all of the parents have a much better time laughing at all of the kids than anything else.

    Would love to see pictures of your yard. I'm sure that it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lost TONS of hair as well. it would make me sick to see the mounds of hair in the shower every time i washed my hair. i can sympathize--sorry!
    grant's program sounds so cute--i hope you have it on video.
    good luck with the yard work--we're trying to get ours in shape too--at least you guys have saturday to work together--jon always has to work :(

    ReplyDelete