Pages

Friday, September 7, 2007

On Being Thankful

I feel like I take so many things for granted sometimes. While I can't even begin to compile a list of all the things I'm thankful for, here's just a few for today:

My family and their health

My home, hot water, and air conditioning in the summer, heat when we need it

Good books and the time to enjoy reading them

That the heat wave is finally over. 90 Degrees feels like a nice spring day, and I am lovin' that breeze today. Now bring on the rain!

My clicker for my car that died a few months ago all of the sudden works again!

Good friends in many places from different times in my life, all whom are very different from one another.

Feeling kicks in my belly... I think I'm semi-obsessed with them, but I sure do love it!!

Good food and to be fortunate enough to enjoy some almost everyday, especially anything with sugar

And finally, last but no least:

That Grant slept in his new bed by himself ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!

Seriously, this last one is a huge deal, and my eyeballs are so thankful today (along with my back)! His furniture was delivered yesterday as promised, and daddy went and picked up his mattress. We made his bed all up, and Grant was so pumped. He kept wanting up on the bed, only problem is it's too high for him to get on alone. I'm sure that he will soon figure out a way to climb up, but he hasn't yet. He even asked me if he could sleep in there. When bedtime came, he was not very happy about going in his room. I laid in bed with him and we read a book and turned out the lights. Then the crying started. I negotiated a little and we agreed to one more book and then lights out. So we read Thomas the Train, turned out the lights, and he actually went right to sleep. I almost did the same, but got up just before 10:00, and went to my own room. I was afraid our little munchkin would wake up and make his way to our bed at some point in the middle of the night, but he didn't. I heard him moving around about 4 am, and I had a hard time going back to sleep, but he never woke up. This is a picture I took of him this morning asleep in his new bed right before I picked him up and put him in the car to go to nanny's.

I know this is already a long post, but just one more funny story. I'm trying to write down my funny Grant stories so I don't forget them. Ever since we painted the baby's room last weekend, there has been lots of talk about where baby sister is and when she's coming. We've tried to explain that she's in my belly and that she's coming after Santa Claus does, but that's a little far off for a 2 year old to comprehend. So, on Weds. night after Grant's bath, I was getting him all dressed and he asked me, "Where's my baby sister?" I replied, "She's still in my belly." Grant then said, "Where's her mommy?" I said, "Well, I'm going to be her mommy and your mommy." I got a really quizzical face from Grant. He then looked at me, pointed his finger, and shook it and said, "No mommy, don't do that!" It was too cute. My mom tried to explain to him that she was my mommy and all of brothers' mommy too. All I can say is this may be very interesting! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment