Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Claire is 3 months old!

I can't believe that Claire is already 3 months old. I think that it definitely goes much faster the second time around. While I am ready for her to be able to sit up so she can play a little more with Grant, I don't want to wish all of her baby stages away. She has really turned into a great baby!

This past month Claire moved into her crib and out of our bedroom. She is sleeping great in there. Usually, she goes to bed around 9:00 and wakes up around 6 or 6:30 am. There are nights when she wakes up around 4, but they are getting to be fewer and fewer. When she gets tired, she wants to suck on something but she will not take a pacifier. It is very frustrating. For awhile, she would suck on the arm of our shirts, but now she wants either the sheet on her bed or this little frog lovie that was Grants. She totally buries her face when she does this and then just falls asleep. She leaves big wet rings on her bed sheet and it makes me a nervous wreck, but that's what she likes. She also flips her head back and forth about fifty times before she finds a comfortable position. I think this is why she's lost a little hair on both sides of her head. The top and back are still totally full of hair!

She still loves to eat but we have gotten on a much more regular schedule. Last month, some days she could go 3 hours and sometimes it seemed like an hour and a half between feedings. I think she's weighing in at about 14 1/2 pounds. I have no idea how long she is, but I do know that she's outgrowing all of her 0-3 month clothes. They are all getting too short. We're ready for warm weather because all of the 3-6 month stuff I have is very summery.

Claire is very attached to her mommy. I have been trying to take her to the nursery at church now and she gives me this pitiful face and sticks her lip out and starts screaming as soon as I hand her off. She doesn't do this anywhere but church or when I hand her to her daddy! I had no idea separation anxiety could start this early. I'll be glad when this phase passes. It's exhausting. She has stayed with her babysitter, nanny, several times and has done great. I go back to work on the 17th, so I hope that it continues when she's there with her brother and for more than an hour or so.

We've been on the go alot these last few weeks, and Claire wants none of it. She seems more content to be at home. She HATES her car seat. She does sleep in it, but if she's not sleeping, she's screaming. There doesn't seem to be a happy content state in it yet. Good thing that we don't have any long trips planned any time soon. I don't think I could deal with it. Her cry is just so pitiful.

This girl loves her big brother. Her eyes follow him every where he goes and she just grins at him. He's not even talking to her most of the time, but she smiles so big at everything he says. I know she'll be following him around very soon! Grant is doing a little better with her, but every day is still a struggle. I'm not so sure if it's just that he's almost 3 and the age is just tough, or if it's the sibling jealousy thing. Several people have said that from 3 to 4 is the hardest year. If these last few months have been any indication, it will be a very difficult year!

Onto Grant....

I took him to his first movie last Friday. We went to see Horton Hears a Who! He loved it and has already asked me when we're going back. He was very confused that other people were going to see his movie with him. Every time someone would laugh, he would yell at them, "Hey, what are you laughing at?" Then he told me that they were laughing at me. It was really fun hanging out with just him.


This Saturday, we're planning to do some fun things with him, so we should have some good pics of the weekend. He's also been very busy trying to figure out what kind of birthday party he wants to have. It changes every day. We have the place picked out, but the theme keeps changing. We're having it at the putt putt place. I'm not sure how well a bunch of 3 year olds and putt putt mix, but that's what he wants. At least there will be an inside room for cakes, etc. It has been SOOOO hot the last 2 years at his party.

Grant has also learned how to use the computer recently. Pookie showed him how to use the mouse and he's had fun playing games on Sesame Street's website. I never imagined him doing that at this age, but I guess they do everything earlier these days, at least that's how it seems.


Sorry for such a long post. I can't seem to find time lately to do much blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Little Claire sounds like the BEST little baby. She sure is a cutie!

    I laughed out loud when I read that about Grant yelling at the other movie goers. That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete