Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I intended to post this yesterday, but after some drama with the USB port on our computer, I just wasn't up to it. In honor of Valentine's Day yesterday, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite things right now...in no particular order.

Diet Coke - my love affair with DC began back in 2003 when I gave up real coke in an attempt to lose weight prior to us getting engaged. it took a long time to transition from the real stuff, but i really think that there is something severely addicting about Diet Coke. I now crave it, however I'd choose a real coke from McDonald's any day. The whole $1 drink they've had going for a long time has been a really bad thing for me :-).
Photobucket

Doughnuts...but not just any. I am not really a doughnut lover. They are one of the only things that give me reflux, so generally I don't eat them. However, there is one place in town that I absolutely love their doughnuts, but that's not all I get there...

Photobucket

This is a ham & cheese croissant from the same place. Thanks to Meleah for introducing me to these. I don't know how they do it, but the ham & cheese are totally enveloped in the croissant, served warm & gooey & just totally yum!
Photobucket


This probably should've been at the first, God & our church. We have been so blessed by our Sunday School Class and our Small Group in the last several years. It's amazing how many great friends we've made at the church that I actually grew up in, but felt like I knew almost no one when I moved back here after we got married. It has been so helpful to be around people in the same phase of life, struggling with the same things.

We've had what seems like a month with no sunshine. However, Friday night the sun came out just in time to set & the sky was so colorful. I grabbed my camera and the kids & I drove down to church just to enjoy it for a little bit.
Photobucket
This is from the other side of the parking lot...My camera is also something I'm loving right now.

Photobucket

My central vacuum. I have a love/hate relationship with this thing, but mostly it's good. It makes cleaning up so easy, but I just hate vacuuming in general. It is soooo much easier on the hardwood floors though!
Photobucket

My hubby. We went out Sat night to see Up in the Air and then watched the UT/UK game at Logan's afterward. It was a good night..but not for Vol fans, which I am not. Go 'Dores! :-)
Photobucket

Clementines: I had not eaten these until recently, and now the kids and I are obsessed with them. They are so easy to peel, so sweet, and just the perfect size for a snack.
Photobucket

Philosophy's Amazing Grace perfume & body wash. I love this stuff. It's such a light, fresh scent & just makes me feel good.
Photobucket


My little guy (& sugar cookies). He couldn't quite comprehend holding it out so I could still see his face :-).
Photobucket

His contagious laugh & smile.
Photobucket

My crazy girl, who I'm pretty sure is going to be the death of me but look at those big brown eyes!
Photobucket

Moments when they actually get along. Here they were on Weds afternoon making Grant's valentines for his classmates for Thursday's party.
Photobucket


I hope you and yours had a Happy Valentine's Day!! What are some of your favorite things?



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post of favorite things! I've had that ham and cheese croissant like thing. Oh man. Really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE Amazing Grace! I have the shower gel and it's one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. very sweet. and thanks to you, Soph and I are also now obsessed with clementines. :-)

    ReplyDelete