Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Claire at 9 months


I'm a little behind on posting this, but Claire turned 9 months old on the 10th. We went to the dr. on Thursday the 16th for her 9 month checkup. She weighed 20 lbs, and was 29 inches tall. For those of you into percentages, she's in the 76th for weight and 90th for height. Her weight percentage has steadily declined at each visit, but her height as been at 90 pretty much from the get go....I don't really think those percentages are all that accurate, but who knows?!

She had 9 month pics taken last week. If you'd like to see them, click here, go to portfolio, then to customers. Our password is Summar. **edited** I forgot to add that the green outfit at the end was mine. My mom had my 6 month pics made in it, so I had to have her wear it at least once. She had her 3 mth & 6 mth pics taken in my dresses, but her dress this time is actually hers, so I threw the green outfit in for 9 months.

Claire is into EVERYTHING! She has figured out how to turn her canvas toy bin over and dump everything out. It is an endless cycle. I should've taken a picture of all three rooms yesterday (both kids' bedrooms & the den) because you couldn't even walk in them. My mom picked them up last night. I'm so over it! It does absolutely no good. *edit* I forgot to mention what a battle changing Claire's diaper and/or clothes has become. She HATES it and so do I these days. She will not stay still, she turns over, she screams..it's awful. Grant was always so laid back about it all..not this one!

She is still just cruising around everything. She will let go for several seconds and you can see the little wheels in her head turning thinking about how she can get some where quickly when she's standing up. No first steps yet though; she's still pretty wobbly. She just never stops moving. I have a feeling that even when she can walk, she'll crawl because it will be quicker and she always seems to be in a hurry. She is crawling all over the house. She tries to squeeze in between chairs and tables, and she gets soooo mad when she can't get through.

Baby girl is a drama queen. She can turn that cry on and off in an instant when it comes to wanting something...her mama, a toy, some food, etc. The list could go on and on. It's so funny how they learn that manipulative skill so early on! She is still really attached to me, but she is getting more and more fond of daddy. She has said "dada" several mornings over the monitor when she wakes up calling for him.

crying for her lamb that I was trying to use to make her smile!

She says dada, mama, ball, bubba, and uh oh. She is also playing lots of pee pie (sp??). She covers her face with her lamb and then pulls it off and grins. Speaking of the lamb, she has become mildly obsessed with it. She gets so excited when she sees it and buries her face in it.

her sweet lamb
We are on night 3 of letting her cry it out in the middle of the night. It's hard, but getting easier b/c I'm so stinkin' exhausted! She actually didn't wake up on Friday night except for a second. Thursday night and last night were miserable though. She cried for 2 hours or more each night when she woke up. Hopefully, I can stick with it when I've got to go to work in the morning.
Claire is a really sweet little girl. She loves to cuddle, but sometimes needs her space. She and Grant are getting along better for the most part now, and they actually play really well together. She knows what she wants, and always tries to take the quickest route to get it. She is still a little shy around people she doesn't know very well, but once she warms up is a smiley little thing. All in all I'd say she's alot like me!!

4 comments:

  1. She is just so cute!!! The pictures look great! I love the dress and her rolls are too precious!!! Her facial expressions look a lot like Grant in the first few pics of her in the green outfit. She is just adorable!

    Don't you just love it when they call for Daddy over the monitor? Joshua and Abby Kate used to do that, and it was music to my ears! Jackson just wants me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her pictures are too cute! I love the old doors with her new, sweet face! The nude pics are precious, too! ;) She sounds so busy. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it. She gets cuter every day!

    ReplyDelete