Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Slacker

I'm a total blog slacker lately. My whole world right now is consumed with feedings, diapers, and of course the Doodlebops and I really don't think you guys want to read all about that. Plus, Claire hates the computer! I can only get on it when she's asleep. If I sit down at the desk with her in my arms, she immediately screams. What is she trying to tell me???

We have done very little outside of our small confines these last few weeks, and I am aching for some warmer weather. I figures that it didn't really decide to turn winter here until after the baby was born. It's supposed to be around 60 today and I'm planning on going to the park. I really need to lose some weight before I go back to work if they want me to wear something other than sweatpants. I'm seriously considering going back to Weight Watchers. I've already tried counting points on my own, but there's something about knowing that you have to go step on a scale in front of someone else that is totally motivating for me!

Everyone in our house is doing pretty well. Little Claire seems gigantic to me and she's sleeping like a champ. Grant has had some rough nights lately, but I'm hoping it's over now. My husband has actually slept in the bed with me 3 nights in a row! Now if only I could find time to clean my house... hmm, maybe that's what I should be doing right now while the baby sleeps instead of blogging and reading others or a shower might be good.

I do have one funny story to share. Grant has been potty trained since before Christmas, and has had very few accidents. He does great and is getting really independent about the whole thing. Lots of times we don't even know that he's in the bathroom unless he has on pants that he can't get back up, at which point he comes out into wherever with his pants around his ankles. Saturday night, Pookie went to his mom and dad's to watch the UT game. Grant, Claire, and I went over to my mom's while he was gone. We got home around 10:00 and Claire was asleep in her carrier, so I sat her down and told Grant to go to the potty and start brushing his teeth and I'd be right back. I was taking the opportunity to use the potty myself and wash my face. I came out of the bathroom and Grant said look what I did.. before I could see him. I walked into his bathroom to see his head totally wet. I asked what he did, and he said, "I put my head in the potty." This was the potty he'd just peed in and he had not yet flushed.... what are you gonna say?? The night before he'd washed his hands in the potty! Anyway, he'd already had a bath and was in his pj's, so I plopped him on the kitchen counter and had him lay back, and I washed his hair in the sink. He thought the whole ordeal was pretty funny, and I couldn't get on to him without laughing, so I just didn't say much at all. Boys! I'm trying to get him to understand that nothing goes in the potty (but what goes in the potty), but apparently, I'm not getting through to him. Hopefully soon..

4 comments:

  1. If you want to start back, I would love to go with you. They have meetings at my church on Tuesdays @ 5:30 amd Thursdays @ 4:30 or 6:00. I am also willing to meet you on your lunch hour when you return to work. We make a great team. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! I would have had a hard time not laughing too!

    Good luck with the weight loss. I got interested in Weight Watchers a long time ago, but never joined. I am doing all that I can to get in to the gym every now and then. I thought that you looked really great in your pictures with Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chesley, that's hilsrious. It must be a boy thing b/c I can't see any of my prissy girls ever doing that. :)

    Glad Miss Claire is finally sleeping some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! . . . and disgusting! Lawton hasn't ventured putting body parts in the toilet. He did drop a small toy in accidentally after peeing once. I just looked and said, "bye-bye toy!" and flushed it away!

    ReplyDelete