Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Busy Week

Since I last posted, we've had some extremely busy days. Last Tuesday afternoon (July 3rd), Grant and I jumped in the car and headed to Gulf Shores, AL. We were staying with my mom, and the family of the bride who were busily preparing for the wedding. Grant was quite a trooper on the car ride down. I couldn't have hoped for any better. We drove up to the sounds of fireworks, which Grant said scared him, but he didn't want to quit watching them. Wednesday, we enjoyed a great day on the beach, a grill out at the beach house, and then awesome fireworks on the beach. They were literally going off in every direction. We couldn't turn our heads fast enough to see them all. Grant and I really enjoyed them! Thursday and Friday were spent getting ready for the wedding. It was a crazy and exhausting couple of days, but everything turned out wonderfully. The wedding and reception were beautiful. A link to a slideshow of some of the pictures from the big day is below:

Then came Saturday....
We were changing houses, so the morning was spent packing and getting everything in the car. After that, Grant and I spent a few hours on the beach while everyone else emptied the house. I think they were all sick of the Doodlebops by then, so I thought it best to get him outside where he wouldn't be in the way. Once everything was packed up, mom, Grant, and I headed into town to get lunch and planned to spend the afternoon by the pool. However the afternoon took an unexpected turn, and we ended up spending 8 hours in the emergency room. I had a scare with my pregnancy, but after 8 hours at the ER, and a visit to my dr. on Monday, they say everything seems to be fine. Hopefully, it was an isolated event, and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I did get to see the baby again, and get this.. they think it's a girl! She said no boy parts were evident, so I am hoping they're right, but trying not to get too excited yet. The official ultrasound is on August 14th, so we'll know for sure in about 5 weeks (we hope)! All in all, we had a great time and were thankful to be included in all of the wedding events. We wish daddy could've gone, but I know I won't be going again without him anytime soon! Here are a couple of pictures of Grant at the beach. I could not keep him out of the water!

The night of the wedding, down by the water. He was too interested in getting in to look at the camera. The photographer had offered to take some pics of him, and then he fell asleep right after this! I was so looking forward to that, but maybe next time.

Grant just chillin on the beach

Grant and Rebecca enjoying the pool!

Grant running for the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment