Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day at the Oaks

Wow, have I been busy?!! I didn't want to let this week get away without posting at least a few pictures from our day at Churchill Downs last weekend. We went to Louisville Thursday night, and this year, Pook & I got tickets to the Oaks on Friday. The weather was absolutely gorgeous on Friday, so it was the perfect day to spend at the track.

Photobucket

I knew I was in for a treat when this was the 1st picture I took upon arriving at the track. That, my friends, is some get-up!
Photobucket

Too bad Pook didn't read the "How to Wager" sign..ha!
Photobucket

I love seeing all of the hats. I didn't wear one because I seriously procrastinated even finding a dress. They call it a pink out, and everyone wears pink for breast cancer awareness. Did you know pink is not an "in" color this season? Therefore, it was very difficult to find anything pink to wear. I now know that even if you don't wear pink, your hat can have a little and you fit in perfectly or wear none at all, and you're still fine. My hubby even wore a pink shirt for the first time ever!
Photobucket
This couple was a couple of rows behind us, and I thought they looked so cool. Did anyone watch Annie? They totally reminded me of Ms. Hannigan's brother & his wife that pretend to be Annie's parents...so random, I know!
Photobucket
When we arrived, it wasn't too terribly crowded, but as the day wore on it really filled up. I think it was a record Oaks crown of 115,000 or so..crazy!

Photobucket

And, they're off!
Photobucket

Photobucket
different race, but still a racing picture :-)
Photobucket

Note...I do not wear well on a hot, windy day. This was before the "big" race at the end of the day, and I was exhausted, sunburnt and hungry. I was tired of $8 drinks and $10 sandwiches, and I looked rough! Promise I looked better at the beginning of the day!
Photobucket
I have soooo many more pictures to post from the weekend we spent with family. I just don't see me getting to them any time soon. Sleep is hard to come by these days, as is any spare time!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your pictures but I think these are some of my favorite. Great Job. The B&W are awesome.

    ReplyDelete